When it comes to your pets and the products you buy for them, who says “Safe” is safe?
- For many classes of pet products, manufacturers are not required to test their products.
- Safety claims go unchecked due to lack of industry oversight.
- Unlike consumer products – there are no standards to ensure product safety.
- Manufacturers pay for positive product reviews.
So how do you, the pet owner, cut through the marketing hype? The Center for Pet Safety was founded to be your advocate and work to separate marketing fact from fiction. We’re working to bring you facts. Welcome to the Science of Pet Safety!
We know that many of you want us to look at more products – and we’re working hard to get there – but we simply cannot do it alone. Your support of our mission will help us move forward – faster! Donations to CPS are tax deductible and there are several ways to contribute:
QGiv – A secure way to donate today!
PayPal – A convenient way to support CPS!
To be among the first to hear the latest advancements, please follow us!
The Center for Pet Safety Mission
The Center for Pet Safety’s mission is to have an enduring, positive impact on the survivability, health, safety and well-being of companion animals and the consumer through scientific research and product testing.
- What is Your Pet Worth? - When we head out on the road with our pets, we don’t think about having an accident – that’s why they’re called accidents – we don’t plan them. A few months ago a pet owner – “Mary”- reached out to … Continue reading
- What will your story be? - I was on the edge of my seat. Sitting in front of the computer, I was getting ready to speak to a pet owner about her dog. The phone rang and after cordial introductions, I listened. It was her first puppy. She … Continue reading